The ME221 MX-5 PnP is the latest plug-n-play Engine Management System for the Mk1 (2 Plug NA) MX-5 / Miata, years 1989-1995 1.6/1.8
This ECUs is ideal for use with our popular bike throttle body kits.
It supports the 1.6 and 1.8 model from the same hardware, and also fits the OEM case, which means the conversion installs tidily into the OEM position. The only extra thing you need to do besides plugging it in is run a MAP vacuum hose from the ECU to the intake manifold.
- Uses the ME221 ECU Core (NXP Automotive Processing Power)
- Supports factory sensors.
- Truly Plug-In : Supports both switched TPS and linear TPS conversions.
- 16×16 Fuel and Ignition Tables (with dual table switching)
- VE based fuelling algorithm.
- Run any type of high impedance injectors.
- DSP Knock Control
- In-built 60psi MAP sensor
- Closed Loop Boost, Lambda and Idle Control
- Launch Control
- Fully Sequential on 1.8 version
- In the field regular firmware updates and improvements
- Uses the powerful MEITE tuning studio.
- An open approach to firmware/software features.
- Supplied with rolling road certified and developed basemaps for either turbo or NA setups.
- ME221 PnP Core Board
- Vacuum Hose
Please note that if you are using a switched type TPS sensor as fitted to the 1.6 model, we suggest installing a variable TPS to give better throttle response - the 1.8 model already has the variable TPS as standard. Also, if you wish to run without a MAF sensor, then you will need to install an Intake Air Temperature Sensor - available in our shop.
Note: As with all after-market engine management systems (ECU’s) a dyno tuning is recommended to avoid damaging your engine and to get the most out of your engine.
Further information, installation manuals and a library of basemaps can be found here on the Motorsport Electronics Support Pages