The ME221 MX-5 PnP is the latest plug-n-play Engine Management System for the Mk1 (3 Plug NA) MX-5 / Miata, years 1996/1997
Every major and respected MX-5 Tuner in the UK now uses and recomends the ME221 Engine Management System over other systems
This ECU’s is ideal for use with one of our popular bike throttle body kits.
It supports the 1.6 and 1.8 model from the same hardware, and also fits the OEM case, which means the conversion installs tidily into the OEM position. The only extra thing you need to do besides plugging it in is run a MAP vacuum hose (supplied) from the ECU to the intake manifold.
· Uses the ME221 ECU Core (Freescale Automotive Processing Power)
· Supports all factory sensors.
· Truly Plug-n-Play : Supports both switched TPS and linear TPS conversions.
· 16x16 Fuel and Ignition Tables (with dual table switching)
· VE based fuelling algorithm.
· Run any type of high impedance injectors.
· DSP Knock Control
· in-built 21psi MAP sensor (or use your factory AFM)
· Closed Loop Boost Control
· Launch Control
· Fully Sequential on 1.8 version
· In the field regular FW updates and improvements
· Uses the powerful MEITE tuning studio.
· An open approach to firmware/software features.
· Supplied with rolling road certified and developed basemaps for either turbo or NA setups.
· You will need to remove your factory ECU, and follow THIS guide on how to remove the core and install the ME221 core.
· ME221 PnP Core Board
· Vacuum Hose
If you wish to run without a MAF sensor, then you will need to install an Intake Air Temperature Sensor - not included but available in our shop
Note: As with all after-market engine management systems (ECU’s) a dyno tuning is recommended to avoid damaging your engine and to get the most out of your engine.
Further information, installation manuals and a library of basemaps can be found here on the Motorsport Electronics Support Pages