The ME221 MX-5 PnP is the latest plug-n-play Engine Management System from Motorsport Electronics for the 1999-2000 Mk2 (NB) MX-5 / Miata.
This ECU’s is ideal for use with one of our popular bike throttle body kits.
It supports the 1.6/1.8 model, and also fits the OEM case, which means the conversion installs tidily into the OEM position. It also supports the stock 'smart; alternator' control.
The only extra thing you need to do besides plugging it in is run a MAP vacuum hose (supplied) from the ECU to the intake manifold.
- Uses the ME221 ECU Core (Freescale Automotive Processing Power)
- Supports all factory sensors.
- Truly Plug-n-Play
- 16x16 Fuel and Ignition Tables (with dual table switching)
- VE based fuelling algorithm.
- Run any type of high impedance injectors.
- DSP Knock Control
- in-built 21psi MAP sensor (or use your factory AFM)
- Closed Loop Boost Control
- Launch Control
- In the field regular FW updates and improvements
- Uses the powerful MEITE tuning studio.
- An open approach to firmware/software features.
- Supplied with rolling road certified and developed basemaps for either turbo or NA setups.
- ME221 PnP Core Board
- Vacuum Hose
- Note: As with all after-market engine management systems (ECU’s) a dyno tuning is recommended to avoid damaging your engine and to get the most out of your engine.
- Further information, installation manuals and a library of basemaps can be found here on the Motorsport Electronics Support Pages